(From Andre Daguins Recipe)
- Boil 3 large well scrubbed Black Truffles in 1 litre of milk for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime whisk 8 egg yolks with 250g of sugar.
- Drain dry and trim the Truffles.
- Pour the milk over the sugar and egg mixture to make a custard: cook until it forms ribbons when the spoon is lifted, then add the chopped Truffle trimmings.
- Allow to cool then leave to set in an Ice Cream maker.
- Cut the Truffles into julienne strips.
- Fill tulip glasses with alternate layers of Ice Cream and Truffle, finishing with a decoration of julienne strips.