- Lightly boil 50g - 80g Black Truffles in 300ml of milk and 300ml cream for about 1 hour. (you can use Truffle cutting for this).
- In the meantime whisk 5 egg yolks with 250g of sugar.
- Drain dry and trim the Truffles.
- Pour the milk over the sugar and egg mixture to make a custard: be careful not to use too much heat here.
- Cook custard until it forms ribbons when the spoon is lifted,
- Allow to cool then leave to set in an Ice Cream maker.
- If desired for texture chop Truffle into trimmings and add to Ice cream makes during process.
- Freeze overnight.
Eat within a week as when truffle flavour is at its best.